Friday, December 11, 2009

A Hand-me-down with love

Two years ago, I knit one of my first baby sweaters for my dear friend Jen who was expecting her first baby. She and I had both moved away from Boise and were now, quite literally on the opposite ends of the country; she was in Richmond, VA and I was in Seattle. I wished I could be there to throw her a shower and to go shopping for cute baby things the way we had shopped for single girl things - a new lipstick, cute top for a hot new date, shoes. But I couldn't. So I did the next best thing. I knit her a baby sweater for her first born. I knit it with love. There are a few mistakes in it. And I swore at it along the way, but Jen knows that about me and still loves me so it's ok. Not only did Jen love this sweater, my first sweater, but her baby girl Isha loved this sweater.

And you know what? Isha baby sister now loves this sweater. And I couldn't be happier. Ok, I could be if I could be there in person to meet Diya, hang out with her, Isha and Jen.



Sweater: Child's Placket Sweater from LMNK
Yarn: It's been a while and I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the yarn called for in the pattern.

4 comments:

heather jane said...

And they are both just about as darling as babies can be in that lovely first sweater of yours!!

Nice work, Meg.

Sara K. said...

Oh Megs! The sweater is so cute and looks so darn sweet on Miss Diya. I was so excited to see Diya in it because I feel like it is one of Isha's iconic baby pictures. When I think of that picture of her I think of you and all of the love and friendship that went into that darling little sweater!

Jen said...

I loved dressing Isha in this sweater and I am so glad that Diya is able to wear it also. I know it was made with enough love to last through two little girls. A friend of mine suggested that I frame it after the girls are done with it. I think I am going to do just that! Thanks Meg, Your the best!!!

Shannon @ AnchorMommy said...

That is such a darling sweater! We treasured the one you made for Kellan. Hopefully someday we'll be able to pass his on to a sibling as well!

And my goodness, isn't Diya a beauty? Just like her sis!