(This picture was totally stolen from Shannon's blog! Thanks for the picture, I love it!)
Monday, December 29, 2008
(This picture was totally stolen from Shannon's blog! Thanks for the picture, I love it!)
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Mom loved the scarf (this is the scarf's first blog appearance as it was a secret!) And Lindsay liked the wrist warmers (also made a pair for my aunt).
And we too had a white snowy Christmas!
I hope your holiday was wonderful too!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
1. Don't give anyone anything wrapped up still on knitting needles.
2. Don't stay up until 2 am on Christmas Eve watching reruns of The Christmas Story and knitting like a mad woman to accomplish goal 1.
We'll see what happens. Stay tuned.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Here's a bench and the plaza at work. It was a little snowier downtown than at my house, a mere three miles away. Downtown Seattle was like a ghost town. This is how bad it was: at 10 am I trudged across the street to Starbucks and there was NO line.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
As I recently pulled it out and start the decreasing section (finally, thank God!) I started to remember why I loved this yarn and this pattern. I'm hoping as the decreasing continues, I'll continue to fall in love with this project again. And that when it's finally finished, I'll love it, and actually wear it.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
1. Color/theme of your Christmas tree: No theme, multi-colored lights and ornaments that remind me of trips I've taken (I like to buy an ornament when I travel) and ones people have given me over the years.
2. What tops your tree? A silver star that I found at Target for like 9 bucks.
3. Favorite ornament: some old silver and glitter balls that used to belong to my grandmother and a few "First Christmas" together ornaments.
4. When do you put up your tree? Personally, I'm ready to put it up once the dishes are cleared from Thanksgiving dinner!
5. When do you take it down? First weekend in January that's after New Years.
6. Favorite gift received during childhood: a Teddy bear from Santa that I still have and my Cabbage Patch Dolls (ok..still have those too).
7. Favorite gift received during adulthood: ??? Nothing is coming to mind...but I'm sure something is out there...
8. Eggnog or cocoa? Cocoa
9. Christmas music: old classics or modern remakes? Old classics
10. Favorite Christmas song? The 12 Days of Christmas sung by John Denver and the Muppets (which is the BEST Christmas CD ever!)
11. Wrapped gifts or gift bags? Depends on the gift, but I do like to wrap them.
12. Do you put out cookies and milk for Santa? Always!
13. Do you open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? One on Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning.
14. Favorite Christmas movie: Miracle on 34th Street
15. Gingerbread men or chocolate fudge? Fudge
16. Rudolph or Frosty the Snowman? Frosty!
17. Last-minute shopper or organized buyer? I like to be organized and get it done, but I always end up buying last minute.
18. Easiest person to shop for: my mom
19. Hardest person to shop for: Oddly, this year, the hardest people to buy for are usually the two easiest for me: my sister and my hubby.
20. Favorite Christmas tradition: I love Christmas morning. Getting up early and opening our presents while we're all still in our pj's. We open our stockings first, then move (quickly) on the goodies under the tree! Then we spend all day playing with new toys, reading new books, or playing new games and of course eating good food! I also love all the holiday cooking and baking!
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
When I spoke (again) with the postal delivery supervisor today to make sure they knew about the new lights the construction folks installed on Monday, she said they decided to start delivering our mail again, because, "it was piling up in the post office and taking up their space." Gee, I hate to think this ordeal caused them any stress.
Monday, December 08, 2008
So until this "issue" is resolved, no more pick up or delivery for us. I guess the US Post Office doesn't give a damn that it's the holidays, that some of us have packages that should have been delivered two days ago, or that the Christmas cards we ordered to send out are also sitting somewhere in the postal system abyss.
I've already written a strongly worded letter to our construction people and building management, hopefully it'll get taken care of quickly. Otherwise I'll have to up the "strongliness" of my letters.
Sunday, December 07, 2008
The hubby made a Horseradish, Rosemary and Garlic encrusted prime rib.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
The knitted stockings are hung...
Plus, I'm hoping all the pretty twinkly lights will help me forget that I live in a condo wrapped in plastic. With no view. And a hole still in the wall (which is getting bigger I swear. Or the lack of fresh air is making me think that it's getting bigger. I'm not sure.)
Monday, December 01, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Project: Simple Socks - Cat Bordhi
Yarn: ShibuiKnits Sock
Friday, November 14, 2008
But either way it'll be a fun road trip to see family and friends, do a little road trip knittin' on some Christmas goodies and most importantly - get the hell out of the cave for a weekend!!! (We've now started calling the condo the cave. There will be an update soon.)
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I've also been on the hunt for a new hat lately...either to buy or to knit. After I spotted this darling hat on Holly, I knew the hunt was over. Soon it'll be mine in this lovely shade of gray in the uber soft baby alpaca chunky from Cascade Yarns.
Gotta go....lots of knitting to do!
(And yes, I still have to finish that damn baby sweater!)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
a) trying to tell me he's going to come in and hack me to pieces with his very large saw
b) trying to tell me he's going to come in hack my ceiling to pieces with his very large saw
Since they let me leave without any type of trouble I figured it was option b. It was confirmed when I came home and found the ceiling in my entry way was replaced with a "temporary" one made of plywood and plastic. The construction foreman assured me that it "should" hold up from the big storms that were predicted for Seattle.
"Should," now there's a comforting term to hear from a construction worker.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
A. Attached or Single - Attached
B. Best Friend - Hmm. I have a couple of those. I'd have to say my sister, Kelli, and the hubby ranks right up there too.
C. Cake or Pie - Cake! Extra frosting please!
D. Day of Choice - Saturday
E. Essential Item - my planner (I'm an old fashion girl - I heart my paper planner!)
F. Favorite Color - Pink
G Gummy Bears or Worms - Bears
H. Hometown - Boise
I. Favorite Indulgence - a mani/pedi
J. January or July - July! It's birthday month and summertime!
K. Kids - Nada
L. Last movie you watched in a theater - The Duchess
M. Marriage Date - June 16, 2007
N. No. of Brothers & Sisters - 1 sister, Lindsay
O. Oranges or Apples - Apples
P. Phobias - Can't think of anything...but I really don't like having the whole body of a being on my plate (ex: shrimp, crab, fish - basically seafood).
Q. Quotes - "If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun." Katherine Hepburn
R. Reasons to Smile - Lots! Fresh baked cookies, fall leaves, homemade soup, spending time with friends, a yarn sale, a date with the hubby.....
S. Season of Choice - Summer! Summer fun baby!!
T. Tag 5 people - Sara, Jen, April, Rebecca and Heather
U. Unknown fact about me - I don't like to read instructions or rules.
V. Vegetable - Steamed green beans
W. Worst Habit - I kind of like to swear....I am working on being better though.....except when I drive. What can I say? Those people are a bunch of jacka$$e$!
X. X-Ray or Ultrasound - Ummm....I've never had either one. Except dental x-rays and those don't really count, do they?
Y. Your Favorite Food - Soup, ham and cheese sandwiches, popcorn
Z. Zodiac Sign - Leo
Monday, November 03, 2008
Sunday, November 02, 2008
They looked lovely on the homemade leek and potato soup I made.
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Lots of discussion went on about the type of new t.v. stand on which to perch this new fancy t.v. They hubby kept saying, I just want it to be minimal - no shelves, no drawers, no cupboards. I kept saying, we need those to store the DVDs, CDs, and etc. I thought, why? Why would you not want a place to store things? So in my usual, reporter ways, I kept saying, "Why? Why not?"
And just like a good reporter who badgers who interviewee until he cracks, I got my answer:
The Hubby: "Because I don't want to open a drawer and find more yarn!"
Me: "Oh. OK. Point taken."
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
(Here she is at our place Cascade playing with Kelli's daughter Cameron)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I'm willing to move my computer mouse to the left side of the computer, get use to doing it all backwards, but I'm not slowing down on the knitting. Gesh...the nerve.