Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The return of the Clapotis

With the finishing frenzy that's been going around the Knitting Knot these days, I was inspired to pull out my clapotis. And this is where the confession portion of this entry begins:

You know the part of the clapotis pattern that says you can increase or decrease as you like to reach the desired length? Well, some how, in that special Meg way of knitting, I totally increased during the increase portion. I mean really increased. Without realizing it. The damn thing is huge. In fact, I don't know how huge it is because I'm too scared to measure it. But it's been started and stopped and shoved in different knitting bags for so long now that I just want to finish it.

As I recently pulled it out and start the decreasing section (finally, thank God!) I started to remember why I loved this yarn and this pattern. I'm hoping as the decreasing continues, I'll continue to fall in love with this project again. And that when it's finally finished, I'll love it, and actually wear it.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

heather jane said...

hmmm...these words you use are scaring me just enough...

Happy decreasing...

:)

Jeanne said...

I love it--the colors are great!