Monday, August 21, 2006

Race day victory!


The victorious Danskiners; Julie, Rebecca, me, Lindsay (my sister) and Carrie! We rock!


After months and months and countless hours of running, biking and swimming, it all came down to yesterday: the Danskin Sprint Triathalon! My first ever triathalon! I gave myself the goal of finishing in under 3 hours. Not only did I make that goal, but I was completely shocked and amazed at my time! My official Danskin time: 2 hours, 1 minute and 36 seconds! I did the swim in just 21 minutes!That's four minutes faster than my lap pool time and 10 minutes faster than my best open water swim! Talk about kickin' it into gear on race day! The best part about the race, with over 5-thousand women of all shapes and sizes on the course, I was able to spot several of my friends along the way for support! Plus my mom and dad came in from Boise to watch my sister, Lindsay and I do the race together! Enjoy the pictures & thanks for your support!
Lindsay crosses the finish line minutes after me!

A little race day prep fun with Lindsay, me and her friend Angela who came in from Boise for the race too!


There were a lot of bikes out there!

4 comments:

Rebecca Mongrain said...

We did it! It was awesome! Luckily the photo can't show how smelly we all were in that photo!

Jessica said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Meg! I am so happy that you are now a fellow triathalete. I will totally swim with you anytime! See you soon for some non athletic knitting!

Shawn S. said...

Meg...I am so impressed!!! YOU ROCK!!!