Monday, April 02, 2007

Swing your partner

This morning I heard this story on NPR about how Square Dancing was the new hip thing to do in bars. They interviewed a bunch of people who have square dancing nights at a local Seattle bar. They've updated the music, have a younger crowd to do the calling and teach you the moves (in case you can't remember them from 5th grade P.E.). I'm intrigued and I think I may have to check this out.
In other news, Crosscut, a new online newspaper designed to cover local issues in the Pacific Northwest (including Idaho), premiered today.

4 comments:

Shawn S. said...

I wonder if I can find any such wild night life here in DC! :) Thanks for the link to Crosscut. Do you know anyone involved in that? -Sara

Jessica said...

That's just wacky.
Do I sense a Purlygirls night out?

The Oberoi Girls said...

Due to a lack of sleep, I read the post as square dancing in bras. I guess it is time for a nap! I don't know that I would be up for square dancing in my bra, but I do remember doing a little bra driving in high school.

Shawn S. said...

We did have a little fun with bra driving...I will verify that!!! -Sara