Friday, September 18, 2009

Bringing in the heavy artillery

I know spiders are a good thing. I just can’t wrap my mind around that fact when they seem so confident strutting through my TV room. Or bedroom. Or bathroom.


They are really big ones too. Seriously freakishly big. And I’m done with them. Tomorrow, the exterminator arrives to help me rid the house of these unwanted arachnids.


And they really have no one to blame but themselves. The other night, as I was getting ready for bed, you know where this is going right? Right, as I was getting ready for bed, something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. It was brown and moving and on my bed. I screamed and grabbed the comforter and flipped it off the bed. Of course, in doing that, I also flipped the spider. But I couldn’t ever find the spider. And we looked. And looked. And shook out the bedding. No luck. It was after 11 and the hubby was tired of indulging me and went to bed.


And so did I. The next morning I found – what I’m telling myself – is the same spider in the bathroom, and squashed him and flushed him. I killed three others just like him that same day. Seriously, this is stopping.





To illustrate this post, I thought I’d share a few photos of some of the spiders that have taken up residence outside. While they’ve never made it in the house (yet) their friends have entered, only to never be heard from again…..







4 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

I would so love to see you live harmoniously with your arachnid neighbors!! Don't do it - don't kill them they were there first. Save the spiders. I had to try. You have to remember I raised a cochroach in college though so I am not wired like everyone.

Sara K. said...

Yeah and I lived with that cockroach. He was kind of cute in a scary, 'don't bring that bug to close to me' sort of way. Too bad they won't stay outside to help with other insect issues. Can the exterminator just keep them from coming inside and not vanquish the outside ones? -S

Jen said...

NASTY!!!!!!! I don't blame you for calling someone!!!

KikiRiki said...

Ugh, I hate hate hate hate hate spiders. Luckily our cat Ares loves to eat them, so he keeps the house clear for me! I don't blame you at all for calling in reinforcements.