Wednesday, June 12, 2013

imom: When good intentions have expensive consequences

A few months ago I was talking with a friend about my struggles to get Ruby to wear her eye patches. She suggested a reward chart. I had seen these on the eye patch website we use (yes, we order special eye patches online. They are so much better than the store bought crap. Too rough on her sweet little baby skin!) 

So I went online and bought her the butterfly chart. After you patch, you put your eye patch on the wings making a fun, bright & colorful design.


It's quite the hit, as you can see. She loves to put her eye patches on it. She even asks for her eye patch now.



However, she asks for it, specifically so she can put it on her butterfly, not her eye.


It seems we've taken a few steps back with our patching. We were up to 4-5 hours a day. And now, we're lucky with one.



But at least they are cute and she does love picking them out.


However, she loves them so much that I've had to hide all of her eye patches, as she loves to ask for them, rip them out of their packaging and runs to her room to put them on her butterfly!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How did I miss this post... Ruby is so sweet, love these pics and her lil ruffle butt. ;) I hope patching is on the up swing for you and her lately?! Keep going imom!