Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Where is the Christmas spirit?

I'll tell you where it isn't! It isn't along the side of the road in rural Issaquah! How do I know this? Because that's where I was last night..in the rain..with car issues!!!!! Once again my drivers side windshield wiper fell off and this time it happened as I was heading home on I-90 in the middle lane doing 65 mph! It scared the crap out of me! I was able to get off the freeway. My efforts to put the damn thing back on did nothing.


Yeah. That's me holding my windshield wiper IN my car!!!! So I called and had Matt Google the Schucks Auto store in Issaquah where they informed me they don't do road side assistance! Never underestimate the power of a hysterical female with a car problem...in the rain...at night! Levi (the poor soul who happened to answer the phone) sent Kevin right out to help me. However, 40 minutes later, and several more failed attempts to get the thing on, Kevin hadn't shown up! And NO ONE stopped to see if I was ok or needed help. All I had in the car was were some Luna Bars, a bottle of cheap wine, and two pieces of cake for dessert tonight I bought at a store before leaving Issaquah. After eating one of the bars, I calmed down and called Levi again where we chatted for quite a while. I told him if Kevin didn't show up soon, when he did, he'd have to be my DD back to Seattle 'cause the wine was beginnin' to look good. Kevin finally showed up. Uh, yeah, the original directions I gave Levi may have been a little off due to the hysterics. So Kevin, my knight in a beat-up Toyota Corolla, fixed my windshield wiper (I have a totally brand new one) and sent me on my way. Kevin, went back to Levi at the store with my cake slices. They deserved it more than I. I had the wine instead.

No comments: