Saturday, May 03, 2008

Catching my breath

For some reason, it's been another couple of busy weeks around here. Too much working, not enough working out, and even sadder, very little knitting. In fact, the hubby even noticed my lack of knitting the other night and wondered if everything was alright. That's not good. The most action my knitting has seen in recent weeks is this: I pull it out and put it on the coffee table next to the recliner. Then I get all comfy, and realize, I'm really freakin' tired. So I veg out in front of the TV. The next night, I move the knitting bag from the table next to the recliner on to the couch, where I proceed to get all comfy, and realize, I'm really freakin' tired. You get the picture right. In fact, the quickest I've moved all week (because the workouts haven't been happening either) is when I came in to the t.v. room and found the hubby laying on the couch, on top of my knitting bag! I grabbed it while yelling "My knitting!" Luckily, it was just the clapotis and not the socks with the small, sharp pointy needles, although, that would have taught him a good lesson!

So this weekend is all about catching up on life, knitting and me. I did get some knitting done on both the sock and the clapotis. In fact, I'm at the first point to drop the stitches! It's very exciting and scary as dropping stitches is always something I've tried not to do. So far, so good.
Oh, and I snapped this pretty picture the other day. I though you all might like it. It truly represents springtime here in Seattle: raining on one street, sunny on the next.




1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Hope you are able to get back in the groove and that the knitting flows like crazy! I don't really know what a clapotis is, but I am excited to see it finished. Thinking of you! -S