Friday, February 20, 2009

"Pieced" Dreams

I've been kicking around this idea for a simple sewing project. One that would let me do one of my favorite thing about sewing: mix and match all the pretty fabric! Last weekend, I threw caution to the wind and jumped head first into the fabric creativity! Here's what my idea ended up looking like:


I'm calling it "Pieced" Dreams. I'm sure there are other patterns out there similar to this, but this is my own design. I really enjoyed the creative process of putting my own design together. I love the mix/match of the fabric. And I love the freedom of not following a pattern but gleaming ideas off of other projects that have inspired me along the way.

To me, that is so important in the creative process.




This project (and it's matching mate because you do need two matching pillowcases) went to a friend who is a very creative fabric force.
I can't wait to get back to the sewing machine and see what happens next!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love it, Meg! What a fun and creative way to use stuff in the stash.

heather jane said...

OOOHHH!!! What a great idea! I love your "pieced" dreams.

Sara K. said...

Oh my goodness - you are too clever for words!!!! I am so impressed. Nice work! -S