- No matter how big the space seems when it’s empty, it’s never big enough when your stuff gets moved in, i.e. my new closet.
- After years of living on 4th or 5th floors of downtown apartment buildings, you forget how many spiders do get into your home.
- Career note to movers: if you don’t like lifting heavy objects, find a new job!
- In the past 4 days I’ve made more trips to the following stores than I truly care to admit: Sears, Home Depot, Fred Meyer.
- The hubby is amazed that I haven’t even touched a box in the craft room yet. Honestly, it’s a bit overwhelming and frightening (pic to come later on that one).
- Despite the boxes, the mess and the general unorganized chaos that is my home, our garden and back patio are in perfect working order. A sanctuary if you will. And trust me; it’s well needed and used.
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
A quick update: Surviving the move
I thought I’d share a few insights I’ve gathered in my vast 5-days of being a true homeowner: