Thursday, July 02, 2009

Some serious R & R

Are the boxes unpacked?
No.
Is that drawer in the kitchen still scary to open?
Oh yeah.
Am I still missing a box of shoes?
Pretty much.


But for now, that doesn’t really matter (well, the shoes yes, but I’m pulling a Scarlett O’Hara on that one and will deal with it later), we’re off on an impromptu trip to one of my happy places! We’re heading to my family’s place in Cascade for some much needed R & R for a long weekend. No relaxing could be done at the house until the last box was unpacked, so we’re avoiding it all by leaving town for a few days. I’ll be recharging my batteries on the deck, soaking up some sun, catching up on my reading, enjoying the company of my family and just watching life go by.


(Editor’s note: If you’re one of my many Idaho friends who I haven’t had a chance to call and tell you I’ll be in town, sorry about that. But you know where you can find me. And you know there’s always an extra seat on our porch and a cold beverage waiting for you if you stop by!)

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Ooh how fun!! I can picture you with your feet up, margarita in hand, on the porch enjoying the view of the golf. Hope its great fun! -S

Val in the Rose Garden said...

I just moved too and I TOTALLY hear you! Even after a month I am STILL looking for my iron, STILL can't find my daughters sandles, and STILL have no where in the kitchen to put the garbage can. Oh I SO hear you!

Val