- My sister came for a visit. We had a blast getting pedicures, shopping for furniture (nothing bought but lots of ideas) and drinking margaritas on the patio in some rare Seattle spring sun.
- My parents came the following weekend; more family fun, day trips, fixing things up around the house.
- I scored some sweet deals and even sweeter yarn at the Fiber Gallery annual sale. Details on projects to come soon.
- I cast on for my first big sweater for myself. I’m making the Minimalist cardigan out of some beautiful pink wool. However, between the pattern and the yarn, it hurts my hands. Like really seriously hurts my hands. Like, it’s the reason I’m not knitting these days. I think I’ve averaged about 4 rows in about a month.
- I’m trying to decide to proceed slowly with the project or rip it out and find another project.
- In an effort to get knitting again, I’ve cast on for the Simple Shawl pattern. It’s quite pretty and painless. So far I’m on row 8 and all is well. Fingers crossed.
- And in an effort to truly relax and get some much needed R & R, I’m off to Vegas for a weekend of fun at the Wynn with my dear friends Sara and April.
- I hope to be back up and blogging and knitting much more often when I return, until then, here’s to some R & R for you, and of course, happy knitting.
Thursday, May 06, 2010
A few things both knitting & non-knitting
To say that it’s been a bit busy around here is a bit of an understatement. I’ve been wanting to blog for quite a while now, but haven’t had the time/energy/motivation/etc. So in true type-A personality form, I’m doing a list to sum up a few things. Here we go: