Monday, February 18, 2013

One of my current obsessions: The Pioneer Woman

Every once in a while I tend to get a wee little obsessed with something. From running, to a particular lunch place, a TV show, it happens from time to time. Lately, it's The Pioneer Woman (but just in case Ree Drummond is actually reading this, she doesn't need to worry. I'm no stalker. Plus it really does look like she lives in the middle of no where, thus making stalking a wee bit difficult.)

I've heard of her blog before. And seen her cookbooks around, but never paid much attention to it. Then recently the Food Network changed their Saturday morning line up giving the PW (as she's abbreviated on her blog) an early morning time slot. I know this because Saturday is the hubby's sleep in day, thus my morning to get up with the wee one. However sometimes, the wee one doesn't want to waste one minute of the weekend sleeping so we're up bright and early and ready to play. So play she does while mama lays on the floor with the Food Network on. 

Now, say what you will about having the TV on and kids in the room. That it's bad for them...blah..blah.. blah... did you not read the part that it's 6 a.m. on a Saturday?! OK, judgement aside, the wee one and I enjoy the FN early in the morning. And now we really enjoy the PW. Some people have raised an eyebrow when I mention something from her show, or give me a funny look. I defend her and say she's a genius and seems really down to earth, like she and I could be friends (and this where the stalker part may come into play.) She's on TV, but she talks like I talk. She makes jokes, movie references and some of them work...and some of them don't. But she just laughs it off.

But her recent post about the season 3 finale of Dowtown Abbey really cemented why I love her so. While she and I are both (spoiler alert) broken hearted about dear old Matthew, she made one comment that just made me laugh. I had to share it:

Okay, let’s grieve together. Share, vent, mourn in the comments. Please tell me it’s just a dream or that Stefano DiMera has just abducted Matthew and is keeping him on a remote island in a cage.

GENIUS!!! A Days of Our Lives reference from way back in the day! I remember that episode! Anyone remember who Stefano DiMera kidnapped and put in a cage on a remote island?* And why was he never arrested for that or any of the other shit he pulled? Considering half of the Brady's were/are cops, what's up with that? OK, I'm digressing. 

Anyhoo...back to my point. To sum it up:
1. I love the Pioneer Woman. You should totally check her out.
2. I can't take the heartbreak on Dowton Abbey anymore. I'm now convinced that in season 4 Alfred will start cooking and accidentally blow up the manor and kill them all. And that will be it.
3. Why did the Brady's never send Stefano up to the big house?

Oh, and if on the way, way off chance that the PW herself is reading this, um, hi. And really, I'm cool. Not stalker like at all.

*It was Hope. Not to be confused with the many, many times Stefano kidnapped Marlena.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Adding her to my blog-roll. Though I haven't seen the last episode of Downton yet. There have been crazy spoilers everywhere - like in this week's entertainment weekly! :)