Monday, April 29, 2013

Ruby's painting


My grandmother Doris was an artist. She was a great artist, a fabulous painter. 
I'm lucking to have a few of her paintings that I treasure. Some are on the walls. Others are waiting to have new frames put on them. Others are waiting for me to find the perfect wall space.

My Aunt Julie, Doris' daughter is also an artist. She inherited her mom's wonderful artistic ability. And I'm also lucky enough to have a painting or two.


And now, so does Ruby.



She gave Ruby this sweet little bunny as part one of the gift during a visit last summer.


Then recently, part two of the gift arrived.


It's perfect! And it fits in beautifully with Ruby's room!


She loves it too! She likes to sit in her chair and turn around and point to her painting. She also loves her sweet little bunny! Thanks Aunt Julie!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

I love that she did this. Aunt Julie is AWESOME!!!! What a cool painting and story. LOVE!