Thursday, April 11, 2013

Vogue Knitting Live: Seattle

Last weekend Vogue Knitting Live was in Seattle for their first show in our area. It was full of classes, lectures, fashion shows (in true Vogue fashion) and of course, a marketplace.

I met up with some dear friends for an afternoon of catching up, knitting and yarn "browsing." Upon our arrival, Rebecca and I quickly decided we need to walk through the entire venue before making any purchases. A tactic employed by our friend Monica - who shows great restraint at all yarn shows for day one. Then on day two - stand back and just take it all in. It's that impressive. So we decided to try "The Monica" and wander and just marvel at the soft, pretty yarn.

That lasted maybe 20 minutes before one of us broke down and bought something. (It was Rebecca).

I at least waited about 30 minutes and 10 minutes of knitting before dashing back to the Cascade 220 booth for this beauty.



It'll be turned into this beauty.


I also learned that Cascade 220 has a huge inventory of lovely and FREE patterns on their site.

Knitting shows are so educational.

Then, after another 10 minutes of knitting I returned to the Cascade 220 booth and took advantage of their special: 4 skeins of Cascade 128 Superwash for $25!


Yeah, that's right...no typo there! That's enough to make this coat for Ruby that's on my knitting list.

(For great pictures of VKL Seattle, check out Rebecca's blog. I had my camera but was clearly mesmerized by all the pretty to take any pictures.)

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

I love that color! I can see why it captured you!