Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I am a spazz knitter!

Did you ever have one of those spastic knitting moments? You know the type....forget for a moment how to knit, purl, bind off, cast on. Just those moments when you've done something so many times you just simply forget it. Kind of like when you're getting ready to head into a meeting at work and you have that thought flash through your brain - 'Did I remember to put on deodorant this morning?' Deny it if you like, but I know I'm not alone. Last night at my knitting group, Purly Girls, I had a total spastic knitting moment. The beauty of a spastic knitting moment is that they never happen when you're alone, just when you're in the company of talent other knitters. Last night, I couldn't remember how to use DPNs! Now I know they are difficult to use, but I love them! I use them all the time! I encourage others to learn how to knit on them! But for some reason, I couldn't get the damn things to join the flower petals for the flower wash cloth from Weekend Knitting! It was embarrassing, funny and a typical Megan knitting moment. Because earlier in the evening, we had discussed how once again, I purled backwards (dont' ask..it's a gift really) and my half a row of stitches were funny on my Rosy!!! Rebecca, a.k.a. uber knitter, wanted me to try and fix it. The funky row was so far down there, I just couldn't possibly do that. My solution was one much simpler, I shall wear my hair down when I wear Rosy. And possibly, not wear Rosy around Rebecca (the mistake is in the back). I'm just going to chock it up to a life-knitting lesson learned and move on. As for my DPN incident, I recovered, oh so gracefully (not really, but I'm trying to get over it) and am still finishing up the wash cloth. Photos to come later - provided I can get the thing that connects to the computer thingy to work.

No comments: