Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Blogs & old friends

The thing that I love about blogs is that everyone seems to be doing them! Recently two dear friends of mine started blogs. These friends, April and Sara and I have been friends for a very long time. We casually knew each other in high school (we went to rival schools but knew each other through a church youth group that I sporadically went to). But during freshman orientation, July 1993 at the University of Idaho, as my mom and I got of the car in the University Inn parking lot, who pulls right up next to us with their moms, April and Sara. And that is where we truly became friends. Through out our years at the University of Idaho, we became close friends; time spent studying, going to the movies, shopping, eating dinners and just hanging out together. We all remained friends after graduation and moving to Boise and getting "real" jobs. Over the years our lives have gone in different directions. April is married and has two beautiful little girls. Sara was busy dedicating her time to her students, and then to her husband Shawn a few years ago. Now they just moved thousands of miles away from friends and family to the D.C. area so Sara can go to graduate school. I'm in Seattle, planning my wedding and working for another t.v. station. I think it's funny how our lives have taken all these different turns for us, and even though we don't talk very often, see each other even less, with our blogs, it's like we're still gossiping in the dorms. So check out their blogs (they are both new to the blogging world): Shawn & Sara's Moving Adventure and Idaho Girls

In another flashback moment, Sara found this old picture on line at the UI. This is me (in the Idaho sweatshirt) and my roommates Liz and Renee and Liz's boyfriend Jason. We were posed for a picture advertising for the oh' so spacious and glamorous dorm rooms of the Wallace Complex. That pink rug still cracks me up. I wanted to buy a rug and my roomie Liz said get any color but pink. I was annoyed with her, so I came home with the pink rug. Ah, the good ol' days of Wallace Complex Houston Hall!

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

Wow! I feel like I have made it big time...I'm on Meg's blog! I LOVE this post!!! Sara

PS-I love that the Wallace picture made it too!!!