Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Goodbye ol' friend

I've attached the sleeves the to baby bolero and I have to say, I'm not really loving this sweater. I don't think it's that cute. I look at it and all I can see are the mistakes! After consulting with Rebecca - who also made this sweater - she said she didn't like hers either until she did the finishing edging. Apparently that is key. I've decided to put the sweater away until after I get back from Hawaii and then finish the edging. I'm thinking the time apart and the edging will help with the love process between me and the sweater. If the love still isn't there, it doesn't really matter because I'll just get a cute onsie and a toy, stick it in a box and ship it off to the baby mama. She and baby-to-be will love it!


In other knitting news, a few have asked to see the knitting bag that was doused with tea. It looks alright from the picture (I tried to spruce it up for its last showing) but the inside fabric is hard and crusty in places and I'm afraid some of the tea leaked through the lining to the depths of the bag that I can't reach to clean. So alas, this cute pink knitting bag will be retired to the bag heaven of great bags who've lived past their prime. We had a good knitting journey together. Through good projects and projects that well, lets just say, will remain between me and the bag. So long old friend, I'll miss you.

P.S. If you think I'm crazy for my attachment to a bag, check out what Rebecca did to a tree!

No comments: