Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cascade, Idaho

The Lake Cascade boat dock just across the way from our place. The water is a bit low this late in the season.

This Labor Day weekend, I went back to Cascade, Idaho where my family has a place just off the lake. My grandparents owned the property for years and years and I remember going up there nearly every summer growing up. It's not fancy, it's not big, but to me, it's just perfect. I used to go there to play. Now years, later, I still go there to play and to recharge my batteries! It was a fun weekend, just my mom, dad, sister and myself! I sat out on the deck, soaked up some sun, read books, knitted, went for walks and our cousins Holly and Trena treated us to a boat ride in Lake Cascade! We drank margaritas as we cruised around to check out the big ol' "cabins" around the lake. Lindsay even tried water skiing for the first time! She did pretty good and almost made it up a time or two! Being the good sis, that I am, I promised her those pics wouldn't end up on the blog!
It was sunny and warm, but the smoke from forest fires in the area made it a bit hazy and smokey. All in all, it was the perfect summer weekend. I wish it hadn't taken me two years to get back up there since the move, but it certainly won't take me two years to get back there!
I snapped this photo from the drive home along HWY 55 along the Payette River. The haze in the picture is smoke from wildland forest fires in southern Idaho.


Even Hailey enjoyed some serious R & R, taking in the view as she relaxed on my mom's hat.

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

Oh how I love a great relaxing weekend up in Cascade!!!! Boy, does that make me miss you and makes me miss home! Manis and pedis or golfing in the front yard...Cascade with the Erbs is THE best!!!