Wednesday, October 08, 2008

And so it begins...

...our life wrapped in plastic.
Our place is now totally wrapped in plastic. No views, no fresh air. Just lots of dust and loud, very loud noises.

The workers were up bright and early this morning standing on the balcony with sledge hammers. At 7:30 am, it sounds like, well, workers hitting the side of your house with sledge hammers - several of them.

So what do you do when you're trying to eat your Cheerios before heading out to the bus stop when there are several workers standing on your balcony with sledge hammers? You smile, wave and then take their pictures.
Before I left for work....
When I came home...
The poor guy just kind of looked at me, smiled and waved back slowly as if not to startle the crazy lady behind the glass. I figured, it we were going to be having breakfast together every morning, then perhaps we should be friends.

But seriously, I'm trying to remain positive while I have no more view. And oh yeah, I work in a basement without windows. This could be come a problem in the dark, gray Pacific Northwest winter. Stay tuned to see if I do turn into the crazy lady behind the glass.

In the mean time, I'll just enjoy this picture I snapped of my view this summer:

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love the positive attitude. What else can ya do?

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I think you should get that photo enlarged and made into a window blind so that you can still enjoy the view.

Anonymous said...

OMG. I first heard about the plastic wrap remodel months ago and thought about how bad that would suck... but this is worse than I even imagined. A guy sledgehammering your house as you eat your cereal? I can just see you...offering a friendly wave while he sets his safety hat at just the perfect angle, so he can drill away at your wall...

What an amazing rainbow photo, however. I agree with crochetoholic. Blow that sucker up and slap it on your window. Besides the view, you'll get privacy.

Hang in there Meg. I thought our bathroom remodel was bad...but at least I had some other windows to look through.

Sara K. said...

Bummer! At least their is a rainbow for you! And I love that you got a picture of your breakfast buddy! -S

IdahoGirls said...

Hang in there Meg! This will pass - remember this is coming from someone who lives in a money pit of remodels (remember the sewer install of 2004 jack hammers in my living room literally and the kitchen flood of '07 no ceiling or kitchen for 6 weeks)! It gets better and just becomes a really bad dream.

Love

A