Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I guess the hubby was listening

Last Friday night, as I was finishing my first sock, I was singing the praises of just knitting on one project at a time. I quickly cast on for the second sock and got to work. I showed the hubby my fabulous new sock and he too agreed, it was fabulous, then went back to watching T.V.

Fast forward 48 hours to Sunday night. I was getting ready to pick up the sock, when I was distracted by the lovely new scarf pattern Rebecca sent me, Springtime Bandit. Then I realized this lovely yarn I had needed the perfect pattern to go with it. And there you have it. The beginning of my next project.

So here I was: in one hand, the pattern, in the other, my luscious yarn. Then I heard it:

The hubby: "What are you doing? You can't start another project until your socks are done. Isn't that what you were talking about the other night?"

Me: "Ah....huh."

Hubby: "Where's your sock? Put that down and finish your sock."

Me: "Uh, O.K."

What's a wife to do? That's right. I knit on the sock on Sunday night. And on Monday at my knitting group, I started the scarf. Pictures to come later. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

The Oberoi Girls said...

Now if we could just get them to listen when it comes to things like cleaning the house and gift buying. But at least it's a start.

Shannon said...

What would you do without him? He's keeping you accountable to yourself! I think good hubbies are like that.

Shannon said...

What would you do without him? He's keeping you accountable to yourself! I think good hubbies are like that.

Shannon said...

oops. guess i really wanted to get that point across -- twice.

Holli said...

ha ha ha!

heather jane said...

This is the thing with knitting. I now have about six things cast on. It's ridiculous.

Sara K. said...

Well, it is nice to know that they do listen! And can be helpful when dealing with knitting projects!!! -S