I decided to treat myself to Molly Wizenburg’s book A Homemade Life. I can honestly say it’s one of the best treats I’ve bought myself in a long, long while.
To say I loved this book is a bit of an understatement. Molly’s* writing is so clear and conversational, I felt like we were great friends and she was simply telling me about her day.
I believe Molly and I could actually be friends if we met in real life and here’s why:
1. We both live in Seattle, thus making the friendship geographically feasible.
2. We both have a slight obsession with Paris, to say the least (as I write this I am listening to French music).
3. We both love to cook, bake and eat.
4. We both love chocolate – dearly.
5. And she shares my belief that goat cheese pretty much makes any dish freakin’ rock.
I’ve recommended this book to pretty much everyone I know. If you haven’t read this yet, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. The chapters are short and sweet and end with a recipe that leaves you with a bit of a hungry rumble going on in your tummy.
And it’ll make you want to call your dad just to say hi and tell him you love him.
All of those things my friends, are very good.
*On an somewhat unrelated noted, Rebecca sent me an email today about a soup cooking class next week, I had ready decided to sign up before I got to the bottom of the email and discovered the class is going to be held at Molly’s restaurant Delancey. I did a little dance of joy in my cubicle. Slightly stalkerish I know.