Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The return of the sun

I snapped this picture the other morning while waiting at the bus stop:



The sun was rising over the Cascade Mountains and reflecting in such a lovely way on the clouds. My camera phone seriously does not do this image justice at all. But as I enjoyed the colors on clouds it made me so happy to see the sun returning to the Pacific Northwest. The bus ride over the West Seattle bridge was so beautiful that morning, with the view of Mt. Rainier and the Duwamish River on one side and Elliot Bay and the Seattle skyline on the other side.

I wish I could have snapped a few more pictures, but mornings like that make me feel good to take that ride into work.

Welcome back sun. I hope you're hear to stay for a while. We missed you.

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Hey Meg,
Found your blog through Rebecca's blog (Supergirl) and see that you're a triathlete also! Cool. I grew up in Seattle and live in Portland now. What's your Ravelry name? I'm curiousgeorge.
Have a good day.
LeAnne

Shannon @ AnchorMommy said...

Beautiful!!!! Sunny days in Seattle are some of the most beautiful days I've ever witnessed. We've had a return of sunshine here too, and although there's been a little too much wind for my liking, it's been so nice to see blue sky instead of gray clouds!

Sara K. said...

How lovely! I really miss riding the bus each morning. Its those glimpses into beauty, interesting characters, and unique experiences that make daily ride on public transport so interesting!