Monday, January 24, 2011

Everything has a home

That's the motto around here these days. We're all about organization and purging unwanted crap. Basically if we haven't used it, worn it, etc. in about a year, it's outta here. And thanks to the Salvation Army and their prompt pick up trucks those 1/2 dozen bags full of our former possessions don't sit around collecting more dust.


Up next is a reorg of the kitchen. The hubby's been complaining about how I've got it organized. So I decided he needed to put his money where his mouth is. As long as he doesn't toss out anything without checking with me, he can go for it. I'm intrigued and possibly in for a shock but I'm willing to see what he comes up with.


Maybe while he's working in the kitchen, I'll tackle a little organization in the craft room. Maybe. I mean how much can I really do with a broken wing?

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Sweet! We did a major purge over winter break. My closet is much paired down and I am vowing to wear the things I never wear - and not buy new things unless they are on the needs list. I have been doing a dress, skirt, pants pattern to ensure that different things come out of the closet each day. It has been working nicely, and people continually ask me if the outfit is new...nope just hidden in the depths!

Yay for hubbies taking on kitchen organization! Perhaps this is a teeny tiny silver lining of a 'broken wing.' Hee hee hee!

IdahoGirls said...

My children start to quiver at the mere thought of mom on the purge rampage - they know I will start pitching toys! March - they have been warned and are very scared!