Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The importance of North

I think I spoke to soon about being back on track for my last entry. Since getting all comfy in the new pad, getting back into the long missed knitting routine, I began to realize I haven't been getting any mail. I forwarded my mail with the post office nearly a week ago. A trip down to visit the friendly postal working at the post office confirmed a dreaded fear that began to nag at me - I had forwarded all of my mail to the wrong address. Sounds like a completely stupid mistake, right? Here's what happened. My new landlord gave me my new address and said she didn't have the zip code, I'd have to look it up on the postal service Web page. Fine. Done. Mail forwarded, bills paid with new address noted on the back, emails sent out to over 50 friends and family with new address. Still no mail. Apparently she neglected to tell me to add a North to the end of the Avenue address! A small detail since that direction indication also puts us in a different zip code! We quickly redirected our mail, with the North noted, and now have the assurance that possibly, we'll get the missing mail. Such is my life. Sadly, my last package from my wonderful Secret Pal was most likely sent to the wrong address! (SKP - if you're reading this please email me to let me know if/when you sent it so I can keep and eye out for it or send me your email because I lost it - big surprise - and I'll give you the correct info).
On another note, I'd like to thank Jessica - my personal yarn guru - for pointing out that my new fabulous yarn is not Lions Brand, but Lamb's Pride. I think I need another vacation.

No comments: