Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Field Trip

Jen, Lynn, Mara, Jessica and me on the ferry back to Seattle.


Saturday several Purly Girls set out to Bainbridge Island for the annual Churchmouse Yarn and Tea sale. By the time we got to the store - only a mere 24 minutes after it opened - it was packed and women were carrying baskets full of yarn! (Maybe I was jealous). I did find some great patterns for kid hats and sweaters for a dollar, plus some cute yarn for a baby hat (always good to have some on hand these days.) After the yarn store we strolled through the farms market, discovered we were really hungry and got some lunch.

Then we hit Esther's Fabrics and I think I may have a new hobby! All of the fabric was so pretty and fun. Nothing like I got to work on in Home Ec! I bought In Stitches by Amy Butler, plus a couple of fat quarters. Several of us are also thinking of taking the beginning sewing class over there too! My mom was so happy when I told her about the fabric I bought and the sewing book. I could just hear the joy in her voice!

3 comments:

Sara K. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I really need to join a knitting group! Maybe after my very busy fall semester is over and I move into the more calm spring semester, I will do some investigating! :) -S

Anonymous said...

Everyone's posts on this trip sound like fun, even if none of you bought bags of yarn. I've been ordering tons of discontinued Jaeger Super Fine Marino DK, so I skipped this sale.

A beginning sewing class, Huh? I should look into that. I have a great sewing machine I've used about three times.

The Oberoi Girls said...

How fun. I would love to take a sewing class. There are so many beautiful fabrics. I think it would be fun to make something for Isha.