Thursday, August 09, 2007

The summer of my green thumb!

I've never been really good at growing things. I try, the effort is there (sometimes), but it usually ends badly. This summer I decided it was time to try and cultivate something I could actually eat. My fabulous friend June helped me out with this by giving me a beautiful tomato plant with a bunch of herbs. She also gave me some lettuce starts and they have taken off like wildfire! The lettuce was quite yummy! I'm still waiting for the tomatoes to turn red but they are on their way!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Yay you! I love that your green thumb popped out! My black thumb usually kills everything I touch...so I understand what your past ways were like! I would be so thrilled if my garden looked as wonderful as yours! Way to go Miss Gardener! -S