Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Crazy Aunt Purl & Crazy Cocktails

Tonight I met up with a few Purly Girls for happy hour before heading over to hear Crazy Aunt Purl's book reading. It's been a long few days (especially today) and I'll be honest, I was looking forward to happy hour since about 8:15 a.m. I got to the restaurant a bit early and proceeded to order, drink and eat until the rest of the girls showed up. Then we all ordered, drank and ate until it was time to go grab a seat.

Now, I'll admit, I may not have had a lot of food in my tummy and I may have sucked down those cocktails pretty quickly, and while some may say I was a little drunk, I'll just admit I was a wee bit tipsy. But it was Aunt Purl, so all was well.

We get there and the only seats left are right in front. Seriously, right in front. See:

I felt like a little kid sitting on the bench in front of all the grown ups. It was fitting. We were rather giggly.
She was really funny and I laughed and we all knitted (I had to put the knitting away b/c there is a reason I don't really drink at PG!). But sitting in the front (right in front) did have it's advantages. When it was time to line up for the book signing, we all just stood up and were already in line. I haven't read her book yet, but after tonight I'm looking forward to pouring a glass of wine and curling up with the knitting and the book for some good entertainment!


Amanda showed off her new hat! I'm in knitting envy. This is on my project to-do list. Not only is this a beautiful hat, it's Amanda's first dpn project, first lace project and first circular needles project (she's our resident crocheter - but we love her anyway!) Way to take things slow lady!









2 comments:

The Oberoi Girls said...

How fun. It looks like you had a great time. I just started making a sweater for Isha. It is the beautiful "Raspberry" yarn. I have a really cute pair of green pants to go with it. All of your projects have inspired me to get going again.

Sara K. said...

Looks like fun! So tipsy + knitting does not = great finished projects?!? Hee hee! I have been inspired too and hope to take a knitting class after this semester from hell is over! -S