Monday, January 07, 2008

7 days into the New Year & I've already broken my resolution

My New Year's resolution was to knit less gifts and more for me. Selfish I know, but I can live with that. However, by day 5 I had cast on for this scarf:


It's a birthday gift for my Great Aunt Milly. She just turned 96. She still lives on her own. She still sends me a birthday card each year with $5. She sends us Harry and David Christmas gift boxes. If anyone is worth breaking my resolution, it's her. It's a simple scarf pattern out of the purse stitch in Blue Heron Yarns Beaded Wool Metallic Violet.

2 comments:

Rebecca Mongrain said...

She is going to love this scarf! Knit on!

Sara K. said...

Great Aunt Milly is definitely worth breaking your resolution for. And the scarf is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! Lovely! -S