Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thieves don't like broccoli

Or radishes. But they do like apples, bananas, peaches, bagged spinach, potatoes, two cans of organic tomato sauce, green onions and organic rolls. How do I know this you wonder? Because that's what was supposed to in my organic delivery box yesterday. Only, the wasn't there. Today when I came home, the delivery box was there. But when I opened it up, the only things in it were the broccoli, radishes and the carrot bunch tops. And they had clearly been there sitting in the sun for a while. I'm thinking someone in our complex found our box and returned it to us. So now we're cancelling our organic delivery service so it won't turn out to be a free organic meal for someone every Tuesday. While, I'm disappointed in yet another robbery from us (the car, the bike, several car break-ins resulting in car/window damage in case you keeping track along with me), I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier. I'm just going to look at this as our organic contribution to the food bank.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Honey, you have got to move.

Jen said...

It is pretty bad when people are ripping off your veggies. You have the worst luck when it comes to having your stuff stolen.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I know food prices are high, but this is what people are resorting to? Sheesh.

weebug said...

oh that is awful! i am so sorry.

IdahoGirls said...

So sorry to hear about this Meg! But I like your take on it being a good donation to the food bank. Still, I am sorry that happened again to you.

A

Sara K. said...

WHAT!!! OMG!!!!! I can't believe it. You are starting a local trend in your building!?!?!? Dang! I still can't believe it!!! -S