Saturday, March 02, 2013

Mini Muffins


Now that I have a wee person who's wanting real food to eat all by herself, I have to be a wee bit creative. She's hungry when we get home from work & daycare. I'm not. But I have to have something healthy for her dinner. And it needs to be relatively quick. I've become pretty good at making big batches of stuff & freezing it for her. Then lunches and dinners are ready & just need to be popped in the microwave and voila - a yummy dinner!

And the same I'm happy to report goes for one of her favorite treats: muffins! She gets one for a morning snack every day and she loves them! I love that these are made from scratch and I know exactly what goes into them. And I can pronounce all of the ingredients - also key for me.





I try to make a different batch of muffins each time she's running low. Plus, variety is the spice of life! 

Or something like that.

While I always try to vary the recipes, I always seem to have bananas going bad around here. I've got some chopped up and frozen for my smoothies, but there's still more going bad. So I did a little Internet sleuthing and came up with this gem of a recipe: Banana Oatmeal Muffins. There are several variations on the web and I'm going to try some others some day. But so far, this one is my go-to-always-generates-a-smile-recipe.


No comments: