Tuesday, May 28, 2013

F.O. Breckenridge Cowl & a weekend away

Somehow from all my blissed out relaxation time I forgot to blog about my knitting weekend retreat with my knitting group in early May. It's our annual trip to Port Townsend to stay in the officers housing at the military base of Fort Warden. (For all you movie trivia buffs, this is where they filmed an Officer and a Gentlemen. I should really watch the whole thing one day.)

It was a great time with great friends. A lot of knitting was done. I also went on many walks along the beach (basically right outside our front door!).

I think the pictures speak for themselves. 






We had a knitted gift exchange this year. The theme was an accessory that has cables or lace. Since I'm anti-knitting lace, I opted for cables. This is Breckenridge Cowl from French Press Knits. It was for Cara who loves jewel toned colors. Plus I thought it would look great with her beautiful red coat.



Erin had my name and I received a beautiful pair of pink cabled fingerless gloves which I don't have a picture of. You'll have to take my word that they are just lovely. 



As you can see, it was the perfect weekend for knitting and relaxing!

2 comments:

debby emadian said...

Hi Meg, thank you for coming over to my blog and commenting. It looks like you had an amazing weekend. The perfect combination of a perfect spot, knitting and friends.
Deb

Sara K. said...

What a lovely weekend! I'm glad that you had a nice weekend away with the knitting gals!