Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Island knitting...

Why is it when you are getting ready to go on vacation, there is so much that needs to be done. Between working ahead so you don't have an overwhelming in box, laundry, taking care of the little things around the house (like remembering to pay your bills and clean out the fridge so you don't return a horrible stench in the dark)...you practically need a vacation before you go on vacation! That is what happened to me this week. And sadly, no knitting was accomplished. Not even to finish the gift that will be presented in pieces only to be taken back to finish up later. I'll try to knit while relaxing by the beach, but I'm not to sure about the combo of wool, sand, humidity and the fact that I will be consuming fruity, tropical drinks with umbrellas in them. But I'll take the knitting with me. I'm off to the Cayman Islands....a knitting/island report to come later!
P.S. I know you have no sympathy for my hectic week prior to my vacation. I understand. I'd loathe me too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

still on vacation?!

yes, I'm jealous....but I've got a hobo bag to console me. hee hee :)