Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Vacation bliss

After several days of frolicking on the beach, snorkeling and soaking up as much sun as SPF 50 allows you too, I have returned from the Cayman Islands...although I'm not sure why. No knitting was accomplished on this trip as it was hard to hold my cocktail and knitting on the beach, so a good magazine beat out the knitting. So as to not bore you will all of my vacation pics...here are some of my favorites!


My sister Lindsay and I at Rum Pointe holding our signature drinks of the trip, Cayman Lemonade. We sampled them from all over the island. The Rum Pointe concoction was the best.



This guy lives at Rum Pointe. I think he's cute.



My new happy place. This is the dock at Rum Pointe taken from my spot on the beach. I miss it. I need to go back there. We all do. Trust me.


These are the conch shells we went snorkeling for. If you look closely, they are still inhabited by the conch. Not any more. We ate them and are preserving the shells to keep! In case you are wondering, conch tastes like chicken!

You may have to squint for this one. Here are Lindsay, my mom, and our Cayman hostess with the mostess, our cousin's wife Nan swimming with the sting rays..those big black things next to them! They are fun to swim with and soft to touch! I only got back on the boat to take the pic and reapply the SPF 50!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering when you got back. Great pictures! That looks like a fabulous vacation.
Want to try to reproduce that lemonade for the grommet party? :)

Anonymous said...

You are one lucky girl! We will have to get together after our respective moves so you can pass some of that island vibe onto me....