Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Beachcombing for yarn



This weekend we went down to Cannon Beach, OR for a wedding! It was a great trip with beautiful weather! Like any good knitter, I had done my research on the area and discovered Coastal Yarns was on 2nd St. in downtown Cannon Beach. I had informed the boyfriend and said this is where I want to go. On our first morning there, he drove me right to the shop and said, "Here it is. We'll be on the beach. Have fun and come find us when you're done." I've trained him well! (We were with his 2 of his college roommates). It was a cute shop that's only been open for a few months. I bought some yarn that was calling my name and said "Take us to Seattle!" So I did.


I bought 2 skein of Magallanes wool from Chile in a deep variegated green and one skein of Kidmo from Blue Moon Fiber arts in a variegated purple. Not sure what I'm going to do with the yarn, we're still discussing options.
And because I just like the picture and enjoyed watching these guys soak up some sun in Astoria, OR, I thought I'd share the picture!

2 comments:

Rebecca Mongrain said...

Love the yarn and cute seal photo :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, such gorgeous photos, I'd really love to be there now! And the yarn you got for yourself is simply awesome, can't wait to see what you're going to make with it!
Happy Knitting!