Thursday, June 01, 2006

How on earth is it June already?

Quick question: When did it become June? I swear this year has flown by - and I haven't accomplished many of the knitting goals I set out to do! But I'm still knitting....and I guess since it's only June 1st, I still have plenty of time. While I haven't been staring at the calendar, mystified of the dates flying by, I seem to have been quite busy since I haven't blogged in a while. Though, for the life of me, I'm not sure what I did. Didn't do much training for Danksin last week (let's not talk about that shall we?) Didn't leave town for the holiday weekend. But I did knit! The Tank Top sweater from One Skein is coming along nicely. I'm 4 inches into it (yeah, you'd think I'd be farther along, but sadly, not so) and so far I think the gauge is about right - 24 st for 4 inches on size 3 needles. Pattern calls for size 7 and 23 stitches for 4 inches. Since I haven't quite master the gauge thing, I think it's alright. But for those of you rabid gauge gurus (yeah, you know who you are), please feel free to tell me otherwise.
The other knitting accomplishment is the fact that I did ANOTHER gauge swatch for another project! I knitted up a swatch for Jenny's Twin Wrap from Hilltop out of Rowan Summer Tweed while on an outing with Rebecca on Sunday. We went to Mill Creek Yarn in, you guessed it, Mill Creek in the torrential down pour. It was a perfect knitting day. Pretty yarn, good company, yummy treats from that coffee giant here in town, and rainy weather to make you not feel guilty about not training.

1 comment:

Rebecca Mongrain said...

And you forgot to mention how much you really enjoyed making that swatch! YOU LOVED IT!