Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Knit-A-Long Karma

Last night was another great Purly Girls night. Sitting between Speed Picker (a.k.a Rebecca) and Speed Knitter (a.k.a. Carrie), they both admitted that their grommets for our KAL grommet bag turned out horribly and they struggled in vain with them. The concerned friend and knitter that I am, I asked them what exactly did they do for their grommet installation. They told me. And I laughed. I laughed some more. A few others joined in. They weren't using the proper grommet tools. So, being the great friend that I am, I explained to them the error of their ways and offered my assistance - once I stopped laughing of course.

But despite all the crap that put up with as the "last one to finish the knitting," I still triumphed through. I'd like to treat those of you keeping tabs on this once-vicious KAL to a blurb from a recent e-mail I received from Carrie:
"I have new respect for your strength, Meg. I have failed at installing a single double-thickness grommet....Rest assured you retain the felted bag queen title even if it did take you a while to knit it."

And tonight, it all came full circle as I put in Rebecca's grommet for her. Take a look at her beautiful bag (um...be advised if you are reading this with young children, this isn't exactly what she's calling the bag.)

No comments: