Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Thank you.

I just want to write to say thanks. Thanks to my fellow knitters out there who love to knit, love to blog and love to share their creativeness with anyone willing to listen, read or perhaps "accidentally" corner someone while you report your weekend knitting escapades. I needed this. I've been in another knitting funk - again. I'm beginning to think I might need therapy or a weekly trip to the yarn store to get out of this as it is my second or third bout this year. I've made a few yarn purchases lately, but that hasn't seemed to help. (See, it's getting serious!) But now, I've just sat back, relaxed and taken a virtual tour through your blogs. I've checked on your progress - some good - some encouraging - some down right funny. And for that I say thank you. I feel inspired by your desire, yearning - dare I say compulsive - addiction to pick up the needles and once again go through that rhythmic motion of two needles and a strand of beautifully colored yarn. From what begins as a ball of wool, mohair, cotton or a blend, turns into the most beautiful creations for you, your loved ones and even strangers. Some times, I guess what a girl in a funk needs, is a little encouragement from a fellow knitter with a blog.
(P.S Be sure to check back on my knitting improvements and feel free to nag if you don't see any.)

1 comment:

Rebecca Mongrain said...

What a great post Meg! I feel you lifting out of your funk as you write...maybe being the training is having a hard time sharing the limelight with the knitting and the new job???