Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'll give it a good home


Remember when Rebecca was working on a beautiful sweater to go with her cardigan? Remember when she was so careful with the gauge and measured it with tender loving care? Remember when she finished it, tried it on and it didn't fit? She decided to pass it along to Carrie and the beautiful sweater alas, didn't fit her either. So finally, she decided to let me try it on. And it fit just right. The funny thing is, well, maybe not to Rebecca, but the sweater in question, from The Yarn Girls Guide to Simple Knits, is on my list of sweaters to knit. In fact, I bought the book just for that sweater! Only I would have made a different size, and just like Rebecca, the sweater wouldn't have fit me! So, long story short, thanks Rebecca for my beautiful new sweater and saving me the heartbreak of making a sweater that wouldn't have fit me! I'll think of you everytime I wear it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've made that sweater too! I used yarn that is a terrible color for me and scratchy. Maybe I'll pull it out of the closet agian 'cause I like the shape....or maybe it will look better on you!

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»