Monday, July 03, 2006

Summer tunes

(Those two little specs on the stage are the Indigo Girls but we had a much better view then the picture portrays)

Last night Rebecca, Darcy and I saw the Indigo Girls at the Woodland Park Zoo summer concert series. It was a great concert, heard lots of great music, visited with friends and even got some knitting done! After the concert, we started chatting about the 3 cd's we'd bring if we were stranded on a desert island. Right away the first one popped into my mind. The second - surprisingly - took me a while. But I thought long and hard about my thrid choice - I had to make it count:
1. Mirrorball - Sarah McLachlan
2. Crossroads - Bon Jovi (their greatest hit album from the early '90's featuring all the '80's classics)
3. Disk B of U2's Greatest Hits 1990-2000 (it was a tough choice between disk A and B, but I feel confident in this choice)
All of these cd's are greatest hits. I figured if you're going to be stranded, you might as well get all the good tunes on one cd. Although, ideally, you wouldn't want to be stranded in the first place. What are your 3 picks?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Bon Jovi, Meg? Really?

Meg said...

Yes Bon Jovi. I like what I like.

Rebecca Mongrain said...

Well if Marty is going to allow Greatest Hits albums then OK but it really depends on his mood!

But anyhoo! Mine are:

1) David Grey - White Ladder
2) Sting - The Soul Cages
3) The Beatles -Revolver (because that is the album with Elanor Rigby which is my favorite Beatles song)

Anonymous said...

We need to talk more often - I was at the Indigo Girls too, way up in front!

Three albums I love most (that are not greatest hits) are:
Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
U2 - Achtung Baby
Indigo Girls - Swamp Ophelia

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»