Thursday, July 27, 2006

Stitch n' Pitch

I went to the second annual Stitch n' Pitch with Mara the other night to watch the Seattle Mariners and the Toronto Blue Jays! It wasn't until the 5th inning that I actually looked at the scoreboard to see that the Jays were seriously kickin' our ass. But it was all about the knittin' so it really didn't matter. The baby sleeve is back to the point where I had to rip it out and it looks so much better! (Thanks for the learning lesson Jessica!)


I also received an early birthday present from Rebecca who couldn't wait for my birthday to give it too me! Among the basket of fun kitchen goodies (for when it cools off in my condo and I return to the kitchen) was a magic yarn ball she made filled with fun treats! It's quite heavy for an average ball of yarn! I wanted to unwind it and find my treats but she said it would loose its magic if I did that! So alas, I must find a pretty shade of yarn to go with it and start knitting something pretty! Maybe the magic will be that I'll actually finish something!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy birthday!

Rebecca Mongrain said...

That's right! One doesn't want to lose the magic of the magic yarn ball! Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Unknown said...

That yarn ball surprise is a great idea!! What a way to motivate a stalled knitter.