Thursday, July 20, 2006

Why my mom always told me to wear a slip

As I was walking back to my office after lunch yesterday, I noticed the woman in front of me was wearing a nice white summer skirt. Then, you couldn't help but notice, she was not wearing a slip. You could see everything. Her white thong was completely visible. The design of the skirt didn't help the matter. Seams were all over the skirt like a design feature. There were two very wide seams that formed a little V right under her butt. And, she was not a petite woman. I tried not to look. But, it was like a car accident; you know you shouldn't look, but you do anyway. She was walking, talking and laughing with these men and I just wanted to pull her aside and say, "Listen, sister, we gotta look out for each other. So you need to hightail (no pun intended) it down to Macy's or Nordstroms and get a slip!" My mother would have been proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was she thinking?!?!
Maybe you should have said something. A thong makes me think that she must have cared about lines and the look because most people don't wear those for the comfort. I'm so sorry to hear about your visual tragedy of the day.