Monday, July 17, 2006

Recharging my batteries

There is something about a summer day trip. You don't have the time to really get out of town, but yet, you need a break from town - your normal day-to-day life. I call it "recharging my batteries." On our continual quest to explore our new state (although, it's not that new anymore) we checked out Mount Rainier National Park yesterday. It was such a beautiful day. The view of Rainier is always impressive on a clear day from Seattle, but when you're right at the base - or on the base of a neighboring hillside - it's even more impressive. The clear, crisp air filled my lungs while the scent of the forest treated my nose to a smell I don't often get to experience anymore. Even though it was a quick day trip, it was good enough for me. (No knitting was accomplished on this quick road trip, I was strickly out to relax and enjoy the views. Although I wished I had the knitting on the way home as the towns of Spanaway and Tacoma are not that impressive. No offense.)

No comments: