Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So it's not a baby sweater...


But it is for a baby! This strawberry hat is going to go to my best friends baby. And when said baby arrives just in the middle of the cold Idaho winter, it'll be very happy Auntie Meggie made him/her this adorable hat. I bought the pattern for this hat on what turned out to be our (mine and soon-to-be-mama Kelli's) last girls weekend to Cascade before I ended up moving to Seattle two summers ago (oddly enough, it was this coming up weekend to be exact -freaky). Anyway, we were in one of my favorite knitting shops in McCall when we saw the three sizes of these strawberry hats on display! We oohed and ahhed over their cuteness. And even though I was a beginning knitter who had never used DPN's, I bought the pattern. So I thought it was only fitting that the first baby gift I gave Kelli (and my future niece or nephew) was a strawberry hat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

temmuz61 said...

oh i loved the hatt it is so sweet!
i'll make my mom knit one of these