Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Welcome Summer!


Hello Summer! Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! I'd like to apologize for being so late with this greeting, it's just that, I've been so busy out enjoying your beauty! I love the long days, the warmth of your sun on my SPF 50 covered skin and and watching the excitement in little kids as the Ice Cream Man comes down their street! Now that you're finally here, I don't want you to go away. It's been a long, long, long, cold, rainy, wet spring and this native desert girl misses you! I would just like to ask one little favor of you, my old friend. Could you please, if it's not too much trouble, refrain from too many record breaking hot temperature days here? I know we've got this whole "greenhouse" think going on, but these native Pacific Northwesterners don't have air conditioning! Seriously, how do they do it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we don't get air conditioning because we think (erroneously) that we won't need it. So we save they money and spend it on fans. Lots and lots of fans.

And creative ways of cooling houses :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh, welcome summer indeed. I hope you recovered from biking on Sunday. I slept well that night! We will have to do it agian soon.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»