Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Knitting Guild Christmas!

Wednesday night was the Seattle Knitters Guild Christmas party! We knitters know how to live it up! The food was yummy, company fabulous and the gifts - well - they were great! I was very lucky and scored in the raffle drawings and gift exchange!

I got some beautiful wool yarn (perfect for felting) in deep orange and fall colors. Plus I got some tea and a yarn calendar and I won a book from our guest speaker Anne Bartlett. I'm very excited to read her novel "Knitting." She autographed it and I picked her mind about writing as I'm always in awe of someone who actually writes a book!

(The little devil ripped out the Mancho for me. She seems to be enjoying this.)

While the party was fun, the knitting was not. The Mancho lived a good life, but it came to an end tonight as Rebecca pulled it out and wound the yarn back up for me. As she did this (I couldn't look) I cast on for the second wrist warmer. On the 3rd row I realized I made a mistake, knitted back, fixed it and carried on. On the 4th row, I realized I made another mistake and decided - who the hell cares and kept going. On the fifth row, I found yet another mistake and this one wasn't to be ignored. Exasperated, I yanked the damn thing apart and threw it in the bag. I concentrated on the party at that point. Aside the from the knitting, it was fabulous night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aah, sometimes you just have knitting nights like that. I'm glad you guys had a great party!!! I've always been curious about the Seattle Knitter's Guild. Looks like you got a great haul from the Christmas party! :-D

Shawn S. said...

Boy, you knitters are WILD!!! -Sara