Sunday, December 16, 2007

A New Family Tradition

This weekend marked a new tradition for my family. For the first time I'll be spending Christmas away from my family, with Matt''s family. So my folks and sister came to Seattle this weekend for an early Christmas together. It was a fun festive weekend! We went on the Christmas Ship as it traveled through the Ballard Locks! It was so much fun and highly enjoyable - I highly recommend that if you're in the Seattle area during the holidays!

Now you're probably wondering where are the pictures to accompany this delightful weekend? Well, that's the sad part of this little adventure. You see, this weekend was the weekend that my camera decided to stop working. It's been on the fritz for a while now and I was hoping it'd make it through the holidays but no such luck. So I'm up to waiting for my dad or sister to download and email their pictures for me. But since neither of them are big photo downloaders, it may be a while. Getting them could be a holiday miracle.

We did the family gift exchange and my mother loved her scarf (again, no photo). She gave me a simple quilt pattern and some fabric blocks to make it! Very pretty fabric but you'll have to take my word for it.

Since I've been a pretty good girl this year, I'm hoping Santa will leave a new camera under the tree for me. If not, I'm hitting the after Christmas sales.

2 comments:

The Oberoi Girls said...

Sorry to hear about the camera. I am glad your family was able to come to Seattle. Sounds like you had a great time.

Sara K. said...

Sounds great!!! I love creating new traditions as a couple. We really enjoyed that our first Christmas together.

DANG - about the camera. Santa brought us our new one on Saturday. THat is what we decided to do for our Christmas present this year. I haven't posted with the new pictures yet...but we do love it! I hope Santa is as generous with you!!! -S