Monday, February 13, 2006

The end of Rosy and a sweet surprise!

Saturday Rebecca and I hit the open road for a day trip to Tacoma to check out the Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat. Being the oh-so careful planners that we are, we weren't signed up for anything and just decided to check it out. Upon our arrival, Rebecca made a bee-line for the sign-up sheet to a free round table session with the Yarn Harlot. It was full so Rebecca signed us up for the non-existent waiting list. We then met up with Jessica and Lorette for a little knitting and discussion. It was then, that my lovely Rosy met her untimely fate. As I've blogged before, I was concerned about Rosy's size. Turns out, I was right. My gauge was way off and Jessica, Rebecca and I could have all worn Rosy - at the same time - had I continued on.

So I ripped. And I ripped. Very traumatic but thanks to my support (all of whom whipped out their camera's to document) I survived. Next up, lunch time. Rebecca and I hit a Mexican spot for a little liquid consolation over Rosy. Then we went back to try and charm our way into Stephanie's class. Turns out, we're very charming and got in! We learned a ton of great tricks for fixing mistakes and we discussed the Rosy incident. I felt better.

Still mourning the loss of Rosy, I came home from work today and found another treat from my Secret Pal!

She sent me a Valentines Day card, chocolate bars (that didn't make the picture-didn't eat them...just forgot them) a row counter, needle gauge guide and these handy flash cards full of knitting tips. I'm especially fond of the one about gauge! Thanks Secret Pal you're the best!

6 comments:

Fran / Blue Gal said...

wasn't Tacoma and the Harlot a hoot!?

Thanks for blogging that photo, now I can show hubby what a real harlot looks like!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Meg.
It was so nice to y'all on Saturday. It was so nice to meet some other knitters. Good luck with Rosy.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, ripping sucks. Well now you are a real, real, real knitter. You won't ever make the gauge mistake agian! It looks like Tacoma was fun. I'll see you on Tuseday!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://vrgbkacn.com/xeyc/aexs.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fzmckgyk.com/dvrs/tnwz.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://vrgbkacn.com/xeyc/aexs.html | http://duipqvuo.com/wqge/gywy.html