Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The upside of wisdom teeth removal

I'm trying to look at the upside of having my wisdom teeth removed since I like to think I'm a the-glass-is-half-full kind of girl. Basically, once the grogginess, throbbing pain and swollen face went away, the doctor told me to lay on the couch, watch T.V., eat milkshakes and knit. And knit I did (once the grogginess wore off). Here's proof:



I finished the Flower Wash cloth from Weekend Knitting. Although it looks like an amoeba in this picture.







I finally finished the front side of my felted bag that I'm working on for my KAL. Rebecca came over to bring me some ice cream and forced me finish this project since she and Carrie have knit circles around me. They've already started the second part - unlike we originally decided which was to start TOGETHER. They need to work on their listening skills.



And I'm just a few rows away from finishing the back of Rosy. It's so lovely. Although, it seems really big but I'm sure that's just because: A-I've never knit a sweater before and don't know what to expect. B-It's just a funky knit pattern because it's knit sideways. C-I've just screwed the damn thing up. But I'll knit on and have faith in the pattern and myself.

As I write this, I'm watching the Grammy's and Sir Paul McCartney just did a cover of U2's Helter Skelter. I'm not sure what I feel right now: surprised -shocked-frightened. A little of all three I think.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better. The flower washcloth looks very nice. Do you already have the Weekend Knitting book? I'm glad to see that you are making so much progress on your other projects. I can't wait to see Rosy when it's done.

-Secret Pal

Rebecca Mongrain said...

Listening skills are overrated!

Meg said...

Thanks for the comments! I had a g.c. and got myself the Weekend Knitting book and love it!

Anonymous said...

Since I haven't had the guts to get mine removed yet, could you describe what does it feel like? I mean there is no way you can go to work the next day, right? I've been putting it off for so long it really need sto be done but I would like to get insider's overview first. I know, my dentist would describe the process as well but you already have been there so you should know it better, right:) Btw, how many did you get removed?

jcroach said...

I don't often post random comments on people's blogs, but you're kidding, right? Paul MacCartney wrote Helter Skelter! It's on the White Album!! (Don't get me wrong, I do love U2.)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://lilpqgsp.com/htph/uyov.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://faxhxvaq.com/igxl/vpbm.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://lilpqgsp.com/htph/uyov.html | http://glynjwsb.com/icax/imow.html